When seeing Hong Kong up on the screen, words like “integrity” and “freedom” might pop into your mind. That’s because Hong Kong embodies the combination of two democratic political systems — Western and Chinese systems.
Hong Kong has been influenced by many cultures over the centuries and has come to be a melting pot of several. Below we’ve compiled a list of ten facts about Hong Kong.
1. Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China is a special administrative region on the eastern side of the Pearl River estuary in southern China. Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world.
2. The Official Languages of Hong Kong are Chinese and English
The official languages of Hong Kong are Chinese and English, but Cantonese is the most widely spoken language. English is also widely spoken, which makes it a popular destination for international travelers.
3. Currency in Hong Kong is Hong Kong Dollar
Hong Kong Dollar is the currency used in Hong Kong. It is subdivided into 100 cents or 1000 mils.
4. Hong Kong has a Humid Subtropical Climate
Hong Kong has a humid subtropical climate, with warm, humid summers and cool, dry winters. The city experiences a fair amount of rainfall, especially in the summer months. Typhoons can occur from June to November. Hong Kong is also susceptible to earthquakes.
5. Hong Kong is One of the World’s Leading Financial Centers
Hong Kong is one of the world’s leading destinations for international businesses, with a pro-business environment and a highly skilled workforce. The city is also a major financial center, with a large number of banks and other financial institutions.
Transfer pricing is a hot topic in Hong Kong, as the city is a popular destination for multinational companies looking to minimize their taxes. In transfer pricing, companies “transfer” assets or profits to subsidiaries in low-tax jurisdictions, in order to reduce their overall tax bill. Read more about transfer pricing.
6. Hong Kong is Home to the World’s Busiest Airport
Hong Kong is home to the world’s busiest airport, handling over 74 million passengers in 2016. Hong Kong International Airport is also the world’s busiest cargo airport, handling over 4.3 million tons of cargo in 2016.
7. Hong Kong is a World City with a High Human Development Index
Hong Kong is one of the most populous and developed cities in the world. With a human development index of 0.937, it is ranked the 4th most livable city in the world.
8. Hong Kong is Home to the Tallest Building in the World
One of Hong Kong fact is home to the tallest building in the world, the International Commerce Center. Hong Kong has more than 7,000 high-rise buildings, which is more than any other city in the world.
9. Hong Kong has the World’s Largest Number of Rolls-Royce Cars
Hong Kong is home to the world’s largest number of Rolls-Royce cars. According to the latest figures, there are over 1,000 Rolls-Royces in the city.
10. Hong Kong has the World’s Longest Life Expectancy
Hong Kong has the World’s Longest Life Expectancy, at over 84 years for women and 80 years for men.
Facts About Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of the most fascinating and unique places in the world. From its rich history and culture to its beautiful landscapes and amazing food, there is so much to love about Hong Kong. If you’re planning a trip, be sure to check out these 10 amazing facts about Hong Kong.
We have much more on travel destinations, history, and so much more. We look forward to having you as a reader.
For kind your info:
- Who is Terry Lee Flenory: Life & Career
- Benefits of Hiring Closet Envee
- Doug wright Holland & knight
- Who Was Gabbie Joanas and What Caused Her Death?
- Who was DMX
- Transporting Refrigerators in Trucks and Vans
- Buy or Sell mobile accessories online
- How do you attract quality candidates-SHORT MARKET
- Who is Stacie Zabka?